Parents’ Day Out
Parents and guardians of middle school students are invited to a FREE event at Glen Sanders Mansion on Wednesday, April 12.
This is a wonderful opportunity for adults to connect with each other, with the school, and with other resources that will help them to support their middle school student.
The theme is Together We Rise.
Here’s an overview of this year’s Parents’ Day Out program schedule:
8:45 – 9:00 Registration
9:00 – 9:30 Breakfast
9:15 – 9:30 Welcome & Keynote Speaker •Jamaica Miles
9:40 – 10:30 Workshop Session 1
- Healthy Relationships
- Active Parenting In This Crazy World
- Bullying! What do you know? What Should you do?
- Stress Release/Mindfulness: How to keep on keeping on
- Money Knowledge + Management = Financial Literacy
- Sex Talk: Parent-Child Communication
- Be a Part of the Change-Civic Engagement
- Keeping Your Child Safe, Healthy, & Drug Free
- Advocacy: Stand up/Speak up for your child
10:35 – 11:20 Workshop Session 2 (same as above)
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch & Tabling (visit tables set up by various community groups)
12:35 – 1:20 Arts Expression Workshops
- Visual Art
- Yoga Basics
- Singing/Vocal Expression
1:30 – 2:45 World Café offers an opportunity FOR conversations AMONG parents, decision makers AND community leaders about ways our schools and community resources can BETTER SUPPORT our youth
2:45 – 3:00 Wrap Up & Raffle Prizes
If you’d like more information, see our flyer:
To register, see our registration form:
Parents’ Day Out 2017 Registration Form