The Working Group on Girls of Schenectady, Inc., and its leadership has been recognized for our contributions to the community. Here is a selection of awards:
- The Schenectady City School District Educational Foundation awarded WGGS the Dr. Ray and June Benenson Community Award in January 2019.
- Ebony Belmar won the Stakeholders Volunteer Spirit GOBY Award, April 14, 2015.
“Ebony exudes boundless positive energy which, combined with her intelligent and creative approach to responsibilities and challenges, results in tasks completed on time with superior results.”
- Joanne Tobiessen won the Community Heroes for Leadership and Service from The Schenectady Foundation, May 20, 2014.
“Joanne embodies all the heart , skills and energy required for establishing and leading an innovative and break through collaborative effort. She has a remarkable ability to forge consensus and enable and inspire others to perform at their highest levels.”
- The Schenectady City Council presented a proclamation recognizing the Working Group on Girls on October 15, 2013.
“For their caring commitment and dedication to helping girls of the City of Schenectady prepare for a bright future.”
- The Schenectady County Human Rights Commission recognized and honored the Schenectady County Working Group on Girls with its Group Award, May 16, 2012.
“For outstanding leadership and contributions that improve the human and civil rights of Schenectady County Residents.”
- The Interfaith Community of Schenectady, Inc. presented the James Stamper Community Service Award to the Working Group on Girls, May 10, 2012.
“In recognition of successful programs planned and implemented by many community organizations working together to assist girls in today’s society.”